Collaborate with GSK drug discovery scientists.
Your idea. Our resources.
Do you have a novel drug discovery concept? Are you a principal investigator affiliated with a research institution, college or university in Australia? Are you excited about working collaboratively with a leading pharmaceutical company to translate your novel science which may lead to a new medicine? Are you interested in screening a large library of small molecules against your therapeutic target of interest?
If so, the Discovery Fast Track Challenge is right for you.
A winning concept.
Tell us about your drug target, therapeutic hypothesis, and novel medicine vision. Our expert panel of judges will evaluate each submission, selecting a small number of winners. If your concept is chosen, a team of GSK scientists will collaborate with you to screen your target. In addition up to $75,000AUD will be provided to enable you to conduct supportive research for the collaboration. We will share key results from the screen with the goal, if successful of providing you with compounds to allow further exploration of the target towards a potential new medicine. In addition, it may be possible to pursue promising results in collaboration with our Discovery Partnerships with Academia (DPAc) team under a further collaboration.
Winners will benefit in multiple ways:
- We will screen your target against the GSK compound collections using our state of the art screening technologies and compound collections to discover active compounds.
- Funding to help you support the collaboration
- We will work with you to triage and interpret the data output and confirm activity on the target.
- We may provide chemical structures of selected chemical probe(s) to help further your research and potentially lead to high-impact publications (subject to structures being identified and to GSK’s existing internal and external obligations)¹.
- Promising results may lead to an opportunity for you and your institution to collaborate with the Discovery Partnerships for Academia (DPAc) team to create a novel medicine.
Click to login to your Discovery Fast Track Challenge account.
¹ Subject to GSK's ‘existing internal and external obligations’ means that GSK has no other GSK R&D programs working on the compound and that the compound is not bound by an external collaboration agreement between GSK and a third party, whereby GSK is not permitted to transfer or relinquish these compounds.